Thursday, July 23, 2009

ADKs all summer

Last weekend, JP, Ben and I hit up 9 Corners on Friday for another go at 007. After some work, Ben got the send for a pretty stout V7. I am still taking it easy on my tendons so my new send of the day was Can You See My Eyeball (V3) and JP also got a new send for himself - Mannequin's Leg (V3).

On Saturday it was just Ben and me and we had McKenzie Pond Boulders to ourselves all day. It was still a bit wet when we arrived so we warmed up on some easier problems for a bit and then headed over to Flux Capacitor (Ben's V8 project). We did some drying of holds on that and Star Chores (my V8 proj) and then Ben took a crack at a send-go. AHHH!!! so close. He got to the jugs at the lip but couldn't find the critical crimp to finish the problem. Subsequent goes didn't go nearly as well. And the project stands for yet another day. We tried a V9 for a while, and then I worked Drop the Clutch (V5) for a few tries before sending it. I've got one more V5 to send at McKenzie.

Monday I took off and will take this weekend completely off as well. We have a ropes course group on Saturday and my fingures can use the rest.

Climbing resumes soon. Keep abreast of all the sends right here.

2 comments:

jpizzle said...

Whats that last V5?

kdm07 said...

time will tell or the five in the woods maybe ? what about providence ?