Thursday, November 12, 2009

Beautiful Fall Day at the Gunks





What can I say? The Gunks is just amazing in the spring and fall, but the cool temps of the late fall are the absolute best. On Saturday we headed down there with a crew of 5 (Ben, Aaron, JP, Jess and myself) to dispense with a few long standing projects.
JP texted me in the morning: "Meaning of Life will go today." My simple reply was "Yo"
After a quick warm up at Black Boulder, which Aaron sent for the first time, we trucked it right to Meaning. After just a few burns and sussing out beta a little better, both JP and I put it to bed.
Next was The Following, another project of mine. Ben repeated it quickly and pointed out one key maneuver. I then sent it first go of the day. JP and Aaron gave it some good burns but no sendage.

Next stop was Merrakesh Express, a crimpy, traversing V6. Ben got the quick repeat. Aaron put it down after a bit of work. I worked it a while, got a few moves further than previous days but no send for me.

Moving on down the line, we hit up Boxcar Arete (V8). Ben showed me the beta with a stylish repeat. I made some great progress on it and am really psyched to get back another day when I have fresh skin. That thing gives you bruises on every tip. I've got all the moves, so hopefully it will go soon.

On the return trip down the Road, we stopped at The Buddha. Aaron got Andrews (V4) but none of use had much left for the signature V7.

But wait, one more stop. It's not quite dark yet. Jackson Pollock V8. Many good attempts at this short line. And it should definitely go next time, so long as we hit it up before burning ourselves out on other projects.

Great Gunks day. Can't wait for Winter on the Road.

No comments: