Friday, February 19, 2010

Edelrid Mantle pad review


Gotta give a shout out to Edelrid for the new Mantle pad. Just one day on my new Mantle and I'm sold. The foam is similar to the stiffness of the Organic pads. The accessories are awesome: carpet emblem for clean shoes, zippers two ways for 4'x4' or 2'x8', closure is bomber with pulling straps spreading force over a large surface and metal buckles. The sit pad that comes with it is great 2'x3' and carpet emblem again.
I was a bit nervous about fitting my backpack in the hinged pad. Would there be enough room with the sit pad as well. YES there is. Foam flexes nicely to carry it all (but I wouldn't leave it packed like that at home or it may kill the foam over time).
The ability to switch between traverse and normal pad seems like it may be gimmicky, but in the first day I had it I used it twice in traverse mode and three times normally.
All said...highly recommend.

2 comments:

Me! said...

How's your pad holding up, now that you've got more use out of it? I'm torn between getting one of these or getting an Organic, any suggestions?

Adam said...

Holding up incredibly. Love landing on it. Just as good and so much cheaper than Organic. Buckles are bomber. Comes with very useful sit pad too.
This pad is among the best!