Monday, May 4, 2009

Personal trip to Virgin Gorda



Last week, my wife and daughter and I did a little personal vacation back to Virgin Gorda. We went last year in June and learned enough about the place to want to do another trip this year and to do it a little better than last time.
We stayed at the best possible place for beach bouldering (Guavaberry Spring Bay) and had four full days to play.
I bouldered each morning from about 8-11am before we went back to our 'hut' for lunch and a rest during the heat of the day. I climbed two days at Spring Bay, one at Devil's Bay and one at Little Trunk Bay. I was able to repeat many of the problems that I hit up last year and also did a few new ones (everything at Little Trunk). My toughest send was a V8 called Termite Highway at Little Trunk Bay. It is a problem that comes out through a roof and I worked it a little last year as well. This year it rained for a few minutes on our last day so most problems were wet, but I knew Termite would be dry, so I went and worked it for about 30 minutes before sending.
Still have many projects to do there, much of what I have left undone I would want to do with a spotter. There are so many great highball problems there, but with a two year old, my wife is a bit too preoccupied to spot me.
Can't wait to go back in the future.

No comments: