Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 2 at GB

JP and I ventured out Saturday for a second day in a row. We were very excited to find drier conditions and decided to try to get some climbing in rather than more development of Neverland Ranch.
We began with a route that Ben and I had developed last year but I had never completed, Shade V5. JP and I began work on it with a porcupine looking on from about 3 yards away. It is a powerful three move route. JP sent first and after numerous tries, I got the send as well. Next we began working a sit-start project to it called Buckteeth. It is about 10x more powerful and will probably go at V8-9.
Next we went up to Green Goddess, which I sent this spring but has been on JP's ticklist for a while. He made really good progress on it before a little drizzle came and dampened the line and our spirits.
Just as we were packing up to go clean up at "the Ranch", the rain stopped and we decided to try another new project that we scoped out a week earlier. It is an 8' sloping arete on the trail between the "Warm up boulder" and the "Spac boulder". After a little more cleaning and drying, I gave it a few goes and sent. We dubbed it "Closer" and call it a V4, the straight up dyno to the lip will be called "Farther" but we didn't have the power to do it at the end of the day.

No comments: