Monday, June 8, 2009

Triple Right is AMAZING



This weekend Shiloh's Edge/YFC had our annual walk-a-thon on Saturday, so instead I rolled out to a new area called Triple Right on Sunday with a few guys that I hadn't seen in a very long time. One, Sam, went off to college in Colorado last fall and another, Evan, took about 18 months off from climbing.
A full van load made the trip to New Paltz though, including Luke, part of the 'usual gang' and a few from the AIR gym that I hadn't really met yet.

The rock quality at this area is very good; part of the same escarpment which makes up the fabled "GUNKS". The area is a few miles north and back in the woods just a bit. There are many established lines but no guidebook as of yet.
None of our crew had been there more than once or twice, so we were a bit limited on finding routes. However, they knew of enough to get a great workout in and a feel for some of the more quality problems.
I was able to send 3 V5's (all second attempt), 2 V4's (one of which I cleaned and established for the FA) and a very fun V2.
I can't wait to return again with someone who is more familiar with all the gems around Triple Right.

1 comment:

kdm07 said...

Let me know when you guys are going back and I will try and go and hook you up with a proper tour. If not im sure Icey would.

-Murph